Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 12:: Death...and Your Good Clothes

Be Ruthless. Show No Mercy. Kill It.


  • Put a sin to death= choke it, kill it, do what ever you have to do to not make that sin rear its head, stay out of those tempting situations. 
  • I need to kill:: lust, deception, lying, judging, being unkind.  I keep these sins hidden. They are committed inside... most people can't see any of them. I know that I can kill them. Its hard. I know that once they are choked, my commitment will then be able to grow. 
  • In order to be "full" you have to gain something for everything you give up. You give up drinking, you gain control. You give up satan, you gain Christ. You give up lying, you gain truth. You give up lust, you gain true love. If you get rid of your sin, there's nothing better to fill that than the love and strength of Christ. He's gonna help you. He'll hold you up when you feel that weakness. 
  • What clothes have you found and put on from God's closet in the past week? What were the situations? How did putting on those characteristics help you? Well...
    • We had a dinner yesterday and pretty much my entire family came to my house. About 10 or so kids running around and the adults who had a lot to catch up on. It was absolutely chaotic. I put on "patience" in order to breathe and just take it minute by minute. 
    • I put on "wisdom" to know that I should go with my family and help them out instead of attending a good friend's birthday celebration. I really wanted to be with her... and I probably would have been if it were any other weekend, but I knew that my family really needed me. I'm sure that my friend's night went great, as planned, without me.
  • How can I seek greater knowledge of God?  
    • the number one way that you will grow in spiritual knowledge on this earth is by reading and studying the Bible for yourself. There is simply no other way.
    • God has arranged to have all of the spiritual knowledge that we will ever need about Him, His Son and His Spirit to all be contained in this one Book. You also grow in the knowledge of God through your own personal adventures that you have with Him in your own daily walk, along with learning from other Christians, especially those who are anointed and gifted to be able to teach from His Word.
  • I do long for that depth. Even though I know I could very well lose everything I have or could have on this earth, there's nothing I would rather have.
  • Clothes of Christ::: Compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness, love, unity, peace, thankfulness, wisdom. (Col 3:12-17)




Rom 8:13
Col 3:5, 9-10
Heb 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment