Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 19:: "God-And"

We can't always have God AND (success, peace, wealth, rest) earthly blessings.
  1. What do we pray about?
  2. How do we respond when someone has more than we do?
  3. Do we get angry when God doesn't give us what we want?
  4. Do we feel sorry for ourselves when God doesn't come through the way we wanted?
"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life" John 5:39-40


  • How do I use God to get what I want? I'm not sure that I do honestly. Sometimes I try and bargain. Or maybe just do things halfway. 
  • Self-focused Prayer: I have an unusual stance on this one. I don't hardly ever pray for myself. I was asked once, "What can I pray for you for?". I didn't know what to say. I'm pretty much content. So I said nothing. I know that I need prayer. We all do. But I am not bad off. I have an amazing life and God has for real blessed me in every single way. I don't get angry when God doesn't answer me. And I don't feel sorry for myself. I don't even think I really compare myself to other people. I don't necessarily like it when the people who treat people badly get the upper positions or the nice houses and stuff like that...but my stance is that they can step on whoever they can for only so long before God strikes them. :)

This one didn't really slap me in the face like the rest of them has. To me, its not "God-And"... Its only God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment