Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 21:: True Worship

It's a lifestyle, not just a group of songs. --Nassar
Worship is turning your mind's attention and your heart's affection to God. It is declaring, by word and deed, God's great goodness, power, and mercy. --Nassar

  1. Let the song be a spotlight on your heart.
  2. Let the song be the cry of your heart.
  3. Let the song be a benchmark of integrity.
  4. Let the song be translated into action.
  • Walking worship is doing things all day, all week, all month, all year to bring glory to God and not to yourself. 
  • "Worship in spirit and in truth": I think that means for your worship to not be fake. I raise my hands up in "worship" because I see everyone else do it. That isn't worship. In order to worship God in the right spirit, we must take time before worship to make ready our hearts and emotions so we will be in the proper frame of mind. God in the New Testament has given to us all things we need to know that pertain to life and godliness so we can worship Him acceptably, in spirit and in truth.  God has always made it plain and emphatic that the only worship that is acceptable to Him is only that which is in accordance with His will.
Music really is the number one way I worship. Driving down the road, that one song comes on that I really need to hear to solidify what God has been speaking to me about. That's when I'm absolutely blown away. When I'm singing those songs at the top of my lungs and feel the Holy Spirit settle all over my body... That's why I worship. That's why I sing. I love for the truth to be slapped in my face. 


Romans 12:1
John 4:23

I WANT TO BE A WALKING WORSHIPER.

No comments:

Post a Comment