Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 34:: Not Peace, But A Sword

"Whoever find his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Matthew 10:39


  • He brought peace: Shortly after I was saved and baptized, my parents passed away. I'm not sure of any other way I can describe the amount of peace on my life at that critical time. I don't recall any time really that He brought conflict to my life until the past few years. It wasn't conflict because I chose to follow Him, but it was conflict because I wanted Him more than I wanted partying, drinking, etc. :)
  • I just read 'Boundaries'; This is a prime example of what that book was about. You have to make Christ your number one. Not your mom, dad, friends....it HAS to be Christ. Make that number one...Everything else will fall into place.
  • Jesus says 'hate' but I don't think it means to actually hate your dad. :) 
  • Any tension in my family? No. I have a family who believes in Christ. While not all of them are saved, they don't really look at me and tell me what I believe is wrong or anything like that.



Matthew 10:34
Luke 18:27
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
Matthew 10:37-38
Luke 14:26

No comments:

Post a Comment