Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 10:: Rubbish.. What Does That Mean?

"The call of Jesus teaches us that our relation to the world has been built on an illusion
--(Bonhoeffer)

"When we "consider" the truth and that truth shatters our illusions, it sinks deep into our hearts and changes out lives. Suddenly, the things that seemed so important become nuisances and Jesus consumes us." -Nassar p. 90


  • My "Credentials":: Power-If your job is to be over someone; If you have control.     Prestige-I think its prestigious to be the president, or a professional athlete. High honor.     Popularity-haha! having the most friends! :)
  • A lot of times, people use their power, prestige, and/or popularity to get people to do what they want them to do. And, to be in good graces with them, they do whatever they ask of them. 
  • Idolatry is a big way these can get in the way of being a committed Christian. In the dictionary, idolatry means: a blind or excessive devotion to something. And when people put those who are powerful, prestigious, or popular in front of Christ, you definitely can't walk that Christian walk.
  • I haven't bought an article of clothing in quite a while. I know where my money needs to go first. So the other things I used to spend it on don't seem important anymore. I spend the majority of my time at church or with people from church, or reading devotions or Christian books and my bible. I squeeze in time with my friends now... and not the other way around, squeezing in time for Christ.



Phil 3:4-6, 7-8
Eph 2:8-9
Phil 4:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment