Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 7:: Know The Word

THE BIBLE IS THE BLUEPRINT OF LIFE


  • Can a person walk with God and not know God's word? No. Can a car mechanic work on a car if they don't have the knowledge of its components and how it fits together to make it work? No. Not having knowledge of what God says in his word is walking through life completely and totally blind, so to speak. It just can't happen if you want all the grace and forgiveness He promises you. 
  • Where do I hear God's truth spoken? I love going to church. Its food for the soul. I attend Rockbridge most Thursdays and New Town Baptist on Wednesdays and some Sundays. I also listen to music to hear the truth. Sometimes, it seems that music can speak to me and help truths to 'click' more often than just hearing a preacher talk about it.
  • Read:: I try to read a Proverb every day (as there are 31 of them.). Ephesians and Philipians and Galations and Isaiah and Revelation and Luke are where I read from more than any other books. I also love James. I read before bed. <--Which really doesn't make sense. You eat your breakfast to get ready for the day...and the bible is food for your soul. I'm getting ready to battle the world on a new day, so maybe I should start doing this in the mornings.... :)
  • Study:: I use the internet often to look up things that relate to some thing or some idea I have going through my mind. Just to learn what the scripture says about certain topics I need help understanding. I have an awesome concordance in the back of my bible. I do use that...but not as often as the internet. Its just more convenient I guess. I wish I had a giant book that would tell me what to study. :) That would be awesome. 
  • Memorize:: Memorizing verses is helpful. Maybe not when you read them...but later, when you or someone you know is in certain life situations, its always good when you can say, "hey! I know what God said..."
  • Meditate:: To meditate: To reflect on; contemplate. Simple enough. It means that when you read something, you think about it. When I meditate, its almost like I'm praying. Especially since I can read one verse today and it not mean anything, it will surely mean something to me eventually. I think about it, pray about it, and understand it being truth.
  • How do the Holy Spirit and the Holy book work together in a person's life to transform, encourage, and direct? The bible is filled with the Holy Spirit. When you read the bible, you get so much knowledge of the Holy Spirit. And it spews out from you: physically, emotionally, spiritually. 



Heb 4:12-13
Rom 10:17
Deut 17:19
Prov 2:3-7
Heb 12:14

No comments:

Post a Comment