Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 14:: Too Full To Eat?


We have settled for garbage instead of feasting on the nourishment God richly provides.


  • Reading this story of Chris Heurtz and the mission work he did in Calcutta at the House of the Dying, my heart was completely broken. He witnessed these dying, 4-5 year old girls with AIDS rummaging through trash discarded by the lepers and diseased. They were hungry. But they didn't have anything good to feast on. What an eye-opener. Wow! 
  • Things that promise to satisfy, but really poison:: Movies, music, conversations with friends, the language of the guys at work, sexual insinuations. I've experienced these. All these. Movies are fun to laugh at, but the contents sometimes leave me with that desire to go drink or have sex or go get in a fight. Same goes for music. And for things guys have said/promised to me. Its all empty.
  • Better Choices: I don't listen to certain music because of the contents and words of the artists. I found that it really was degrading. Matter of fact, what goes into your heart also comes out of it. Nothing good can come of something bad. Period. 

This story really broke my heart. Its amazing how true it is. We fill ourselves with garbage hoping it will sustain us. In reality, all it does is leave us emptier than before we indulged in it. 


Matthew 5:6
Jeremiah 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment